Being a Professional Nanny is a real career choice! This is most certainly NOT the same as being a babysitter or an Au Pair!
Every year the care, support and work of nannies around the UK is recognised at Nanny Week where nannies from all areas have the opportunity to take part in a variety of events, gatherings, activities with the babies, children and young people they look after.
Sharing from the British Association of Professional Nannies (BAPN)
Nanny Week – 18th September through to 24th September 2016
Nanny Week takes place annually and features a wide range of events and activities highlighting the fantastic work done by nannies across the country. As with everything we do at BAPN, our ultimate goal is that these activities will serve to raise the profile of the nanny in the eyes of the nation.
We strive every day to ensure that nannies are acknowledged for the crucial role they play in ensuring children receive the quality of care they need and deserve.
Nanny Week is our showcase for the wonderful nannies out there; a week in which to inform future nanny employers on how to be great employers and also an opportunity to communicate our core messages – that nannies are affordable, flexible and offer high quality, reliable childcare.
Charitable focus – The week will also be dedicated to raising money for the Children’s Air Ambulance – BAPN’s chosen charity.
So what have we got planned for this year:
• Great Nanny Bake off – Everyone can get involved, Nannies, Nanny Agencies, Nanny payroll, Nanny training
• Host a Great Big Coffee Morning for Charity – a chance to get people together for coffee, cake and natter
Nanny week is a chance for nannies and those in the nanny industry to get together and have some fun. This year we thought a Great Nanny Bake Off would be lots of fun for nannies and their charges.
Ways to join in:
Facebook and Twitter send us your favourite pictures of your delicious creations, made with your charges. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information, there will be prizes!!
Nanny Week is all about YOU, so let us know how you’ll be celebrating. Drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only that…… Special Nanny Week Offer – Nannies have the opportunity to join the only Association for Professional Nannies at a special price of just £10. A great opportunity to show families that you are proud to be a nanny providing the very best of support and care to their children and that you meet the required high level of criteria with which to join this professional association.
Words from Dawn at BAPN…… “We here at BAPN are all working nannies, who truly believe in BAPN’s aims: to raise the profile of the professional nanny and help and support nannies when they need it most. Whenever we receive a call from a nanny and know that we have helped in some significant way to make their working lives better, we remember why we formed BAPN and what drives us to achieve our goals. We want as many Nannies as possible to be able to join BAPN and benefit from the vast experience in our team, all the support, training, discounts and much, much, more, which is why we have a special offer”
10 good reasons to pay that £10 and join:
- Be part of a professional organisation only for nannies.
- Receive £7 off Morton Michel Nanny Insurance and many more great discounts with MNT, Childcare company, first aid providers…
- Join the exclusive database for our informative monthly newsletter
- Have access to our members-only zone
- Benefit from our free CV Service
- Gain peace of mind with our contract template
- Receive free guides and forms and a membership certificate
- Network with other nannies at local meet ups/events
- Develop your skills with nanny training and workshops developed by BAPN for nannies
- Get dedicated support and advice from nannies who have been there before!