When you are working as a nanny, you have the same legal responsibilities as any other childcare professionals. It is important to remember that children are in your care and you need to have an insurance policy that will provide you with the important cover that every professional Nanny should have.
If anything were to happen to a child whilst in the care of a Nanny, Public Liability Insurance would provide cover for any legal costs and any compensation if the nanny were at fault. The majority of nannies wouldn’t be in a position to pay these costs without the help of an insurance provider. With a policy in place both you as a family and your nanny can feel safe knowing that you are covered if the unthinkable were to happen.
Morton Michael Nanny Insurance provide insurance policies for qualified or experienced nannies, doulas and maternity nurses who care for children aged 0-17 and pre and/or pre-and post-natal mothers. This nanny insurance covers:
- Limit of indemnity £3 million
- Contingent motor liability
- Legal expenses- Limit of indemnity £100,00 any one event
- Five dedicated helplines where specialists are on hand to provide support and practical advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in the UK.
The Nanny Insurance Annual Premiums are as followed:
- £61 for nannies registered or applying to be registered on the Ofsted Voluntary Register (England) or the Childcare Approval Scheme (Wales) or SCSWIS approved bodies (Scotland)
- £80 for non-registered nannies (UK only)
- £90 for Northern Ireland based nannies
- £74.53 for Channel Islands/Isle of Man based nannies
The Association of Nanny Agencies are on hand to provide you with guidance and support when you need it. Whether you are a or family looking to employ a nanny, insurance is crucial. For more information about our member benefits, childcare options or to contact us, visit: anauk.org