Insurance Policy Providers
Under UK law, all employees must be covered under an Employers’ Liability policy. Morton Michel’s policy provides protection for damages and legal costs that arise as a result of claims from your domestic staff suffering an injury or disease arising out of their employment.
- Limit of indemnity £10,000,000 (£5,000,000 for claims relating to asbestos or terrorism)
- No excess to pay
- 12 months cover – (minimum & deposit premium)
- Cost of defending a prosecution – under the Health and Safety at Work Act or any UK corporate Manslaughter/Homicide Act.
- Cost of representation – at any coroner’s inquest or fatal accident inquiry
- Compensation for attendance – at court as a witness
- Unsatisfied court judgements extension – if an employee is injured at work by somebody else and the other person doesn’t pay the court award
Cover applies to England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Chanel Islands and elsewhere in the world for a temporary basis.
Important Notes Regarding This Policy
- This is a deposit and minimum premium policy. This means that in the event of cancellation by you of this policy, no premium refund will be allowed
- We are unable to backdate cover, or start a policy before payment has been received
- Payment must be made in full, no instalments are available for this policy type
- If you have household insurance, please check with your insurer or broker that you do not currently have Employers Liability for Domestic Staff under your existing policy as we are unable to provide any refund once the policy has started